Dealing with shedding is a typical element of living with an animal mate, which necessitates additional cleaning efforts. You need a specialized pet hair vacuum cleaner to get rid of all the sticky hair in carpets and sofa mats. This article introduces the top five reasonably priced vacuums for pet hair. These unique vacuum cleaners are made with the intention of “ensuring that hair will not be blocked in the vacuum.” There won’t be a lot of bacteria left between sand and hair with these best budget-friendly vacuum cleaners for pet hair because they also contain filters for pet dander and other allergies.
Best Vacuum Cleaner For Pet Hair Overall
1. $31 – Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Corded Handheld Vacuum
- Motorized Brush Tool removes embedded pet hair and dirt.
- 14.4V lithium-ion battery provides 17 minutes of powerful cordless cleaning
- Enjoy improved hand vac cleaning performance with Triple Level Filtration.
- Dispose of pet hair and debris easily with a large, easy-to-empty dirt tank.
- Vacuum works with specialized pet tools including a Motorized Brush Tool, Upholstery Tool and Crevice Tool.
- Relatively quiet
- Reaches nooks and crannies most other vacuums miss
- Works on various fabrics, including blankets, hardwood, carpet and furniture
- Also works as a spot-cleaning household vacuum or all-over car vacuum
- Requires eight hours to charge for ~20 minutes of battery life
- Upholstery attachment isn’t very effective
- Not the best choice for large areas
Is Cordless? Yes
Form Factor Handheld
Model Name Pet Hair Eraser Lithium Ion Cordless Hand Vacuum
Surface Recommendation Upholstery
An updated version of the corded Pet Hair Eraser, the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Corded Handheld Vacuum has new attachments that enable it to clean difficult-to-reach places and a variety of fabrics and surfaces. It’s a handy tool for spot cleaning around your home and weighs only three pounds, so you can avoid using the upright vacuum. More than 20,000 customers have given the Pet Hair Eraser five stars on Amazon as of this writing, giving it an overall rating of 4.6 stars. I can see why people love it based on my personal experience!
Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Corded Handheld Vacuum is powered by a rechargeable lithium ion battery. Plug it in using the included wall outlet and allow it to fully charge before use. It’s also bagless—when you turn the vacuum on, it sucks dirt and hair up into a clear collection chamber (so you can see exactly how much hair your fur baby has left behind for you). The Pet Hair Eraser uses three layers of filtration that you can wash and reuse to keep suction power going strong.
Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Corded Handheld Vacuum can lasts for 17 consecutive minutes. I got just over 18 minutes, but others boast up to 30 minutes of battery life, depending on how taxing the vacuuming is. However, because this handheld vacuum is better for spot cleaning, you probably won’t be using it for the entire length of its battery life in one sitting. I cleaned the bottom of my cat tree in less than a minute, even switching between attachments. My couch cushions took about three. The litter mat was the trickiest to clean because it’s designed to trap litter, and that only took about five minutes.
2. $100 – Shark VM252 VacMop Pro Cordless Wet/Dry Stick Vacuum
- Complete Clean: Powerful suction plus spray mopping – a complete clean in one pad.
- Disposable Pads: Disposable VACMOP Pads vacuum up what other pads push around.
- Powerful Suction: Pulls in dirt and debris to be locked away directly in the disposable VACMOP Pad.
- Cleaning Solution: Spray mop with VACMOP spring clean floor cleaner to scrub stuck-on grime, providing shiny clean floors.
- No-Touch Disposal: Remove dirty pad with a touch of a button – never touch a dirty pad again.
- Easy Maintenance: No filter or maintenance necessary. Just replace the pad – clean like new in every pad.
- Clean On-The-Go: Cordless with rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
- Virtually no recurring costs
- Tools and brushes included
- Can be configured into a handheld vacuum
- Okay build quality
- Quite a few maintenance needs
- Manual cord storage
Is Cordless? Yes
Form Factor Upright
Model Name Shark VM252P10
Surface Recommendation Sealed Hard Floors
This little vacuum cleaner, which costs $100, removes little dirt from the pad so that it cannot be swiped around. The pad caught all the dust, the sprayer was large and simple to use, and the weight was light and portable.
The Shark VM252 VacMop Pro Cordless Wet/Dry Stick Vacuum pulls up a ton of dirt, dry rice, dog hair, cat hair, and everything else you can think of that is little. Additionally, this product allows for the purchase of the pads and cleaning solution through subscribe and save, which, as a working mother, makes my life a lot simpler.
I have been using a Shark vacuum for many years (my latest is the Shark UpLight Corded Lift-Away Vacuum) so I knew the suction power on a Shark VacMop should be strong. I just couldn’t believe that one appliance could suction up dirt and mop without having to empty a dust bin or change the head from vacuum to a mop.
The disposable pad is the secret weapon. The pad has a sturdy plastic frame that holds a vacuum bag, which opens up when the suction feature is on to trap debris, in addition to a mopping pad that cleans the floors and absorbs wet messes or soil that is removed by the cleaning solution.
After I vacuum the floor, I simply switch to the mopping feature, which works like most any spray mop. A reservoir holds the cleaning solution and a button releases the spray. Then, the absorbent part of the disposable pad mops away the cleaning solution and dirt. When the floor is clean, I just pop the pad off into the trash bin and the job is done.
The Shark VM252 VacMop Pro Cordless Wet/Dry Stick Vacuum has an easy-to-attach magnetic charger that fully charges in about three hours.
Read More: Shark Vacuum For Pet Hair Review 2022
3. $110 – Eureka NES510 Flash Lightweight Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- Multi floor cleaning with fingertip brush roll controls and motorized floor nozzle to easily switch between carpet and hard floor
- Lightweight, at only 6.3 Pounds. Easily converts to a portable hand vacuum for convenient above floor cleaning, reaching tight spaces, stairs and even car interiors
- Advanced swivel steering provides excellent control and makes it easy to maneuver around and reach under furniture and tight spaces
- LED headlights to help find dust or debris that might otherwise be missed under furniture and cupboards
- 30ft cord for extended cleaning reach and easy to empty, removable dust cup. Includes convenient portable storage base, crevice tool and 2-in-1 dusting brush
- Power Source Type: Corded Electric
- Voltage: 120 Volts
- Wattage: 500 Watts
- LED headlights to help find dust or debris under furniture and cupboards
- Fingertip brush roll controls and motorized floor nozzle to easily switch between carpet and hard floor
- Comes with the 30ft cord for extended cleaning reach
- Suction capacity may be low
Is Cordless? No
Form Factor Handheld
Model Name Upright Home Pet Hair
Surface Recommendation Carpet
Eureka NES510 Flash Lightweight Stick Vacuum Cleaner has designed this stick vacuum for multi-surface vacuuming. That way, instead of being restricted to only cleaning hard floors, you can also clean soft floors. But, along with that, due to the mobility this stick vacuum offers, you can also vacuum on non-floor surfaces with incredible ease.
The floor head and suction force of the Eureka NES510 Flash Lightweight Stick Vacuum Cleaner account for a large portion of this multi-surface vacuuming functionality. Although it doesn’t have the same suction force as a larger upright vacuum, this stick vacuum still has a lot of power. With this suction force, you may easily vacuum on carpets and rugs, provided that they aren’t too thick.
The floor head is where a large portion of this multi-surface cleaning power originates. You’ll see that this floor head is made up of a brush roll if you take a closer look. There are numerous types of brush bristles on this brush roll.
While this floor head is moving across your floors, the brush bristles gather up and remove the dirt, dust, and debris that is in your path. But, along with that, these brush bristles also loosen up and remove dirt, dust, and debris from rugs and carpets. That way, all of that material comes to the surface, and is then removed.
4. $116 – RoboVac 15C Max Robot Vacuum
- Wi-Fi Convenience: The EufyHome app, and Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant voice control-services let you accomplish your vacuuming needs with zero effort from you.
- Worry-Free Cleaning: The slim 2.85″ body—upgraded to 1500Pa* suction—only cleans the areas you want.
- BoostIQ Technology: Automatically increases suction power within 1.5 seconds when extra vacuuming strength is needed—so you get the best clean.
- HOLISTIC HEALTH: Instantly learn 12 insightful measurements of your body’s health, such as Weight, Body Fat, BMI, Bone Mass, Muscle Mass, and more.
- KNOW YOUR BODY: The EufyLife app automatically records insightful health data. Progress and health trends are traced automatically over time.
- Can automatically increase suction on carpets
- Can be controlled through the remote control, app, and voice integrations, such as Alexa and Google Assistant
- Low and compact profile
- Produces low noise level
- Large dust bin
- No mapping ability
- Doesn’t support virtual boundaries and magnetic strips
- Random navigation
Controller Type Voice Control
Control Method Voice
Battery Life 1.5 seconds
Compatible Devices Amazon Echo, Google Home
The newest in Eufy’s line of super-sucking RoboVac robot vacuums is the RoboVac 15C Max. It is a re-engineering of one of the company’s current products—in this case, the 15C—for increased suction power and improved dirt collecting, similar to the RoboVac 11S Max we previously reviewed.
The main improvements are identical to those in the 11S Max. Maximum suction has grown from 1300Pa to 2000Pa. A more effective redesign has led to a longer lifespan for the UniBody filter. Additionally, in order to effectively capture all the extra dust and debris that the 15C Max will be sucking up, the 0.6-liter dustbin has a bigger wind tunnel and an inclined filter position.
These upgrades aside, the 15C Max isn’t radically different from its earlier iteration. Its tempered glass cover has a sleek new design, but the rest of the body looks unchanged, and it has kept its slim, 2.85-inch profile. Underneath, there’s still a single roller brush and a pair of spinning edge-cleaner brushes, two traction wheels, and an omni-directional wheel. The dustbin slips easily out from the back with the push of a release button.
Read More: 7 Best Robot Vacuums for Vinyl Floors (Summer 2022)
5. $279 – Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution Max Clean Pet Pro Full-Size Carpet Cleaner
- Buy BISSELL, save pets; BISSELL will donate up to 10 dollars to BISSELL pet foundation for each purchase of this pet product upon activation
- Out cleans the leading rental and half the weight, making it easy to use and maneuver
- New Max Clean mode, combined with 12 rows of rotating Dual Dirt Lifter Power Brushes, delivers professional grade cleaning to remove deep down embedded stains, dirt and odors
- Bissell’s Revolutionary Deep Clean + Antibacterial Formula eliminates odors at the source
- Only for use in BISSELL machines with the Easy Fill System
- The first Deep Cleaning Formula to control odor-causing bacteria while you clean;Scotchgard Protector:No
- Cleans quickly
- More powerful than other carpet cleaners
- Effective at removing odors and stains
- Upright design doesn’t fit everywhere
Is Cordless? No
Form Factor Upright
Surface Recommendation Carpet
It’s very satisfying to see the dirt lifted through the clear head, easy to clean (around 3 to 5 mins to deep clean the Bissell) and Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution Max Clean Pet Pro Full-Size Carpet Cleaner works quickly on the carpet. Wish I’d bought it years ago.
To test how well the Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet cleaned, we soaked a testing carpet in red fox urine. In case you’re wondering, it smells like pungent skunk and was the perfect adversary to this carpet cleaner. We sprayed about half an ounce of urine onto an 18-by-18 inch carpet square. The smell of the fox urine made our noses wrinkle from across the room.
We saved ourselves from the stench by using the included Pet Pro Oxy Urine Eliminator cleaning solution. Within two minutes of cleaning the carpet, the Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet eliminated the odor from the carpet.
Beyond lab tests, one of our colleagues took the Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet home to see if it could tackle an area rug that two dogs like to use. They reported back the cleaning solution eliminated odors, and that copious amounts of dog hair never clogged the unit.
Read More: Bissell Pet Hair Vacuum Review 2022
What Type of Affordable Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Hair Should You Choose?
There are many types of accessible vacuum for pet hair available, from rope upright to cordless rod. The type of vacuum cleaner you buy doesn’t really matter, but you need to find a vacuum cleaner with a brush roller on the floor. When you use a vacuum cleaner, they rotate to take dust and pet hair out of the carpet, which means that no matter how powerful the vacuum cleaner is, it will perform better.
- Do You Need to PreventTangles Vacuum?
The biggest problem with brush rollers is that they tend to collect hair, especially if your pet has long hair. The standard brush roller can wrap the hair during cleaning, and then the vacuum cleaner has the opportunity to take it away. This can be easily removed with scissors, but needs to be performed regularly. Choosing a vacuum cleaner that prevents hair curlers from accumulating means you don’t need to maintain your vacuum cleaner regularly.
- Must It Write “Pet” on the Vacuum Cleaner?
Not always. Although this is a good indicator that the vacuum cleaner is equipped with the right equipment to deal with pet hair at home, there must be some models equipped with the right bit without advertising it. When we buy a pet vacuum cleaner, it usually means that it comes with pet accessories. This is a hand-held tool that looks like a smaller version of the main floor head, with its own electric brush roller. To use it, just clamp it at the end of the hose or equipment like a clamping tool or other accessories. Then you can use it in furniture and interior decoration. These accessories can also clean stairs well.