A new battery will eventually need to be purchased if you own a cordless vacuum cleaner. A battery can lose power after being charged several times. For instance, the battery will need to be charged more quickly and faster.
You have arrived at the appropriate location if you own a Dyson V8 vacuum cleaner and want to learn everything about changing your battery. I provide you with all the information you require to replace the battery in your Dyson.
The Dyson V8 battery replacement procedure is very simple. To replace the battery, you simply need to remove the old one.
What Is Dyson V8 Vacuum
You can use the vacuum cleaner’s user-replaceable battery to power it for several weeks with the Dyson V8. If used properly, this battery has a lifespan of up to two years and is sealed off from water and dirt by a patented safety design. It’s crucial to keep the electronics dry and pristine at all times in order to increase the battery’s lifespan. In some circumstances, the batteries might even deteriorate and need to be replaced. If this occurs, keep an eye out for signs of degradation, such as pulsing, intermittent operation, and charging issues.
If properly maintained, the Dyson V8 battery has a two-year lifespan. A Phillips screwdriver and a soft surface are required to replace the battery. To remove the battery pack from the vacuum and unscrew the two tiny plastic screws, three small screws must be taken out. The new battery should simply snap into place and be fastened with the screws. Prior to removing the old one, make sure to remove the cyclone and bin.
A straightforward three-step procedure can be used to replace the battery in the Dyson V8. You’ll need to remove three tiny screws in order to do this. You can insert the new battery inside the handle after removing them. You can put it in place and tighten the screws once more to keep it in place. So, the handle will fit the battery snugly. After changing the battery, make sure to keep the cyclone, the bin, and the old battery.
How To Replace Dyson V8 Battery
It’s time to swap out the old Dyson V8 battery after locating the proper one. Fortunately, it’s not at all challenging to do that. You can either watch the video below or adhere to my step-by-step plan.
- Turn off the Dyson vacuum cleaner and unplug the charging cable.
- The vacuum cleaner’s battery should be disconnected.
- Snap-in battery: Detach the battery by pushing the red button.
- Screwable battery: on the back of the battery you will discover a screw and two small screws on the bottom of the battery. Turn these three screws out.
- (Click or tighten it back on) Insert the fresh battery into the vacuum.
- Before using the Dyson V8 vacuum cleaner once more, fully charge the battery.
Take the vacuum to a secure location before beginning the Dyson V8 battery replacement process. The old battery needs to be removed and the new one put in after you’re finished. The cyclone and bin must then be attached again. The fresh Dyson battery also needs to be charged. You’ll need to make sure the battery is sufficiently charged before you can do this, though.
When Should A Dyson Battery Be Changed?
According to my research, the typical lifespan of a Dyson vacuum battery is between 5 and 6 years. You might need to purchase a new Dyson battery sooner rather than later, though. A few pointers:
- The battery life is greatly reduced, even after being fully charged
- The battery takes much longer to fully charge
- The vacuum cleaner no longer sucks or is much less powerful, and you need to clean your Dyson V8 first to check the other parts are good.
Read More: How to Clean Dyson V8 Vacuum Cleaner?
Where Can I Find Replacement Batteries For My Dyson V8?
When looking for V8 batteries, there are a lot of options. One such retailer is Amazon, which carries many different brands of OEM replacements. Some variations have milliampere ratings that are higher than the originals in order to run longer. Naturally, there is a chance of getting a dud, but these options are affordable, and the good ones have received positive customer reviews.
Though there are many options, I advise purchasing the largest battery you can afford with a star rating of at least four stars from numerous customers (the more reviews, the better). However, these batteries easily cost $100 and up, more than three times the cost of OEM replacements. You could purchase an original battery from Dyson.
Read More About More Dyson Vacuum:
- How to Clean Dyson DC40 Vacuum Cleaner
- Why Are Dyson Vacuums So Expensive
- How to Replace Dyson V6 Battery In Simple Ways
- Why Is My Dyson Pulsing – How to Fix It
- How To Empty And Clean A Dyson Ball Vacuum
- How to Adjust Dyson Ball Vacuum for Thick Carpet?
- How Long Is A Dyson Warranty
- How Long Does a Dyson Vacuum Last?
- Dyson V15 Detect Pet Hair Vacuum Review 2022
- Dyson Pet Hair Vacuum Review 2022
- How to Empty a Dyson Vacuum Cleaner-Different Types
- How to Clean A Dyson Vacuum-10 Easy Ways
How To Choose The Right Dyson Battery Replacement
There are two key considerations to make when purchasing a new Dyson battery. Knowing which Dyson vacuum you own is obviously crucial in the beginning. Additionally, it’s crucial to check the type of connection you have. Batteries come in two varieties: a snap-in battery and a battery that is screwed on. Your battery is a snap-in battery if it has a sizable red button at the bottom.
Finally, I came to the conclusion that changing the battery in a Dyson V8 is not a difficult task. However, you must exercise caution before buying a new battery. Because of how much it costs, if you purchase it from a third party, you will lose money. Furthermore, you must buy it from the Dyson company. Watch how much your Dyson v8 battery is being used, too.